Lakes & Pines can help with fuel bills

If you’re worried about the cost of fuel then be sure to mail in your fuel assistance application, Lakes & Pines Community Action Council encourages residents of Chisago and neighboring counties.

The Energy Assistance Program provides help in paying a portion of heating and electric costs. Income eligible homeowners, renters who pay for their own heat, renters with heat included in their rent and residents of subsidized public housing may apply for help. Some exclusions apply. Call Lakes & Pines for more information.

Eligible homeowners may also qualify for help with furnace repairs or replacements.

In addition, Lakes & Pines is urging residents to get on budget and pre-buy plans with their companies and apply for Cold Weather Rule Protection with their connected utilities. To qualify, apply for Cold Weather Rule Protection with your utility company.

As the weather gets colder, remember your friends and neighbors who may be suffering from rising heat costs. If you know someone who may need help, mention the Energy Assistance Program.

Residents of Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine counties can contact Lakes & Pines CAC, Inc., for more information. Call 1-800-832-6082 or 320-679-1800 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and ask for Energy Assistance (TDD available) or write to Lakes & Pines: 1700 Maple Avenue East, Mora MN 55051.

Special accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Copies of the application can be printed out at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *