Residents interested in enrolling are advised to call their local library for a one-hour appointment
Certified navigators from Health Access MN, a MNsure partner, will help uninsured residents find their best health insurance option through MNsure, the state’s health insurance marketplace, during the next few weeks at various East Central Regional Library branches.
“We are confident that we can help many residents of communities in the East Central Regional Library system use this free service to help find affordable health insurance,” said John Freeman, president of Health Access MN. “The deadline of March 31 is fast approaching for people who are uninsured to sign up for health insurance.
“By now, we have educated and assisted thousands of Minnesotans, and we are very experienced in helping people work through various issues. Many people are surprised to find they are eligible for tax credits or a public health program that make health insurance more affordable,” Freeman added.
Residents interested in enrolling for health insurance through MNsure should call their local library to make a one-hour appointment. They should bring the dates of birth and Social Security numbers for all persons in their household as well as the amount and sources of all types of income.
People also should bring information about employer insurance coverage, even if the employee has not signed up.
Here is the schedule and local library locations for Health Access MN certified navigators:
• Wednesday, Feb. 26, Pine City, 3-7 p.m.
• Saturday, March 1, Cambridge, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 4, Chisago Lakes, 3-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 5, Rush City, 3-8 p.m.
• Thursday, March 6, Mille Lacs Lake, 4-8 p.m.
• Monday, March 10, Cambridge, 3-8 p.m.
• Saturday, March 15, Pine City, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 18, Chisago Lakes, 3-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 19, Rush City, 3-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 26, Rush City, 3-8 p.m.
• Saturday, March 29, Cambridge, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Here are the telephone numbers and addresses for the libraries to make an appointment:
• Cambridge: 763-689-7390, 244 South Birch St., Cambridge, MN 55008.
• Chisago Lakes: 651-257-2817, 11754 302nd St., Chisago City, MN 55013.
• Pine City: 320-629-6403, 300 Fifth St., Pine City, MN 55063.
• Rush City: 320-358-3948, 240 W. Fourth St., Rush City, MN 55069.
Health Access MN’s partners are the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless, Anoka County Library, Bemidji Public Library, East Central Regional Library, Ramsey County Library and Saint Catherine University’s Public Health Program.