Peoples National Bank once again sponsored a challenge for North Branch businesses to help fill the needs at the local food shelf. March is food shelf month, and Peoples brought together businesses owners at North Branch County Market March 10 to participate in a “Grocery Grab” shopping spree.
There were some basic rules to the competition:
• Teams had to consist of two members. One team member was required to have their hands on the grocery cart at all times while the other team member grabbed the goods and put them in the cart.
• There were “off limit” items and even aisles so as to concentrate on what the Food Shelf really needs.
• The number of specific items was limited to eight to keep quantities reasonable.
• Each team was allowed 1 1/2 minutes to run the race.
• The team with the highest dollar amount in their carts had those groceries paid for by Peoples National Bank.
• The teams that didn’t score the highest paid for their own cart loads, and all the groceries went to the local food shelf that evening.