Can home chores sometimes feel overwhelming? Assistance from local teens ages 12-17 is available in the Forest Lake and surrounding area. The Job Connection program offers a great way for adults to get affordable help and youth to gain work experience. Teens can help with almost any chore. Popular tasks performed are: raking, shoveling, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, organizing and much more.
One adult participant in the program has had the same young person mow her lawn for numerous years. When asked how she feels about the program, she stated, “It’s a really great program. I don’t know what I’d do without it. Being alone and trying to take care of a home, it’s rough.”
Here is how the Job Connection works:
1. Stop in at LAYSB, 244 North Lake Street, Forest Lake, or call 651-464-3685 for an adult registration packet to be mailed or emailed to you.
2. Once the LAYSB receives the information, it will develop a list of youth to refer the adult to. All arrangements for work are made directly between the adult and the youth using the list of names and contact information provided by the Job Connection.
3. Adults phone the youth to discuss details of the job such as date, time and place that the youth will report for work, type of work that needs to be done and wages the youth will earn for their work.
4. Adults should be on site to direct and supervise youth during tasks.
Teenage workers registered with Job Connection:
1. Are required to attend an orientation session with a parent/guardian.
2. Are responsible for finding transportation to jobs.
The LAYSB wants this to be a great experience for both adults and teens and will follow-up with the adults in the program to see how the Job Connection worked out. Give Jenna a call at 651-464-3685 or email at [email protected] for more information, or visit www.ysblakesarea.org.