Locals who enjoy coming to the North Branch Area Chamber of Commerce’s Fall Harvest Festival to mill about Central Park and check out goods from a host of vendors will still have the opportunity to do that again this year.
For people who are looking for something new, this year’s festival, which runs Sept. 20-24, has that covered, too.
Chamber Assistant Director Julia Gervais explained Fall Harvest Festival will feature a treasure hunt, which runs until the medallion is found — clues will be posted by 10 a.m. each day of the festival on the Chamber’s website — a Viking Community Carnival at the high school stadium, a beer, wine and spirits tasting event, and more.
Gervais said during the tasting event Sept. 22, there will be dinner, featuring smoked ribs by “local legend” Tony Matkaiti, dessert and music by the band “Duo.”
Gervais also wanted to draw special attention to the Kody’s kids’ corner, which will set up at the food, craft and silent auction area at Central Park Sept. 23.
“It’s dedicated to Kody Roettjer (who died last year as the result of an accident),” Gervais said. “It’s a place where kids can come and take part in free events, face painting, pony rides. 4-H is bringing some animals. There are going to be games, crafts. “It’s really just an area kids can go and hang out with other kids. When kids are happy usually their parents are happy.”
• 6 to 8 p.m., Viking Community Carnival at North Branch Area High School Stadium Field.
• 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., – Beer, wine and spirits tasting at the Chisago County Senior Center.
• 8 a.m. – Registration for classic car show at Anderson Koch Ford. Trophies will be awarded at 2 p.m.
• 9 a.m. – Registration for ShineKodyShine 5K. Walk-run starts at North Branch Area High School. Register online at https://shinekodyshine.redpodium.com/shinekodyshine5k
• 10 a.m. – Fall Harvest Scramble at North Branch Golf Course. Call 651-674-9989 to register.
1 p.m. – Community photo at Central Park. People who want to be in the photo are asked to wear red.
• 7 p.m. – Movies in the Park featuring “Sing.” Bring seating. Popcorn provided.
• 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Omelet breakfast at American Legion Post 85.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – St. Gregory’s booya. Fun and games.
• 12:30 to 4 p.m. – Senior resource event at Ecumen. Topic: Where do I start? Seniors, caregivers, family members, professionals other people interested are invited to attend a free luncheon to learn about the local resources available to seniors including financial and legal assistance, social activities, senior living options, senior care options, volunteer opportunities and much more. Register online at nbaceonline.com or by calling 651-674-1025 by Sept. 15 for this free event.
– The Shops at North Branch will be having a sidewalk sale the weekend of Fall Harvest. Booths are still available for at the food, craft and silent auction area in Central Park. Those interested in being a vendor can contact the Chamber at 651-674-4077 or go to its website, northbranchchamber.com, and click on the “Fall Harvest Festival” tab.