Community

I get several garden questions each season, and although I can’t answer most of them, I usually can find someone who can. Last week, I was on the asking question side of the phone. At the end of my orchard I have a mulch pile and a brush pile that I frequent almost every day. [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

‘Animals in Action’ program  Children ages preschool through grade six are invited to participate in the “Animals in Action” Lake Superior Zoo program at 2 p.m. July 17 in the community room of the North Branch Area Library. The kids will learn about the different ways animals move and why they move the way they [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The North Branch mayor’s announcement last month that the city would continue to try to persuade Superior Silica Sands to build a trans-loading station in the city’s ESSBY Business Park led to county commissioners weighing in on the issue at the Chisago County Board meeting July 2. Commissioner Lora Walker asked Nancy Hoffman, County HRA [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Lakes Region EMS Executive Director Aaron Reinert said the building Lakes Region recently purchased to become the operation’s new headquarters was “too good of a deal to pass up.” The 22,000-square-foot building, located in North Branch’s ESSBY Business Park near 400th Street, was formerly used by Topline Automotive until that business folded. The building had [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Part one in a three-part series  Those who have stopped by Sunrise River School or Fairview Clinic in North Branch recently have likely noticed the tidy-looking gardens on the properties outside the buildings. If looked at from far away, one might mistake them for average raised bed gardens, but upon closer inspection it’s evident they [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The second annual Stark Summer Stroll was held in the city of Stark, near Harris, June 28. The event featured a parade, petting zoo, glass art and more. Photos by Melanie M Hedberg

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow