Community

The 58th annual Almelund Threshing Show will begin Aug. 8, featuring all sorts of tractors, attractions and a whole lot more. The show continues to attract people of all generations from across the country and even internationally. It has become a place of summer destination for those who enjoy all things tractors, threshing, country life [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

For some writers, the ability to capture a reader’s attention and hold it, page by page, is almost intrinsic. That’s how it’s been for Brian Freeman from a young age. “I’ve been writing my whole life,” he said. “I wrote my first full-length novel when I was 13. It’s been my passion and my dream, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Assistant Chisago County Attorney Ryan M. Flynn has been named to the 2013 Minnesota Department of Public Safety Office of Traffic Safety DWI Enforcer All-Star team for his expertise and leadership in the prosecution of alcohol-related incidents and his overall efforts to prevent alcohol-related crashes resulting tragedies. He prosecuted 228 drunken driving offenders in 2013. [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Sara Schreder-Gomes enjoyed a real-world experience in representing North Branch during this year’s American Legion Auxiliary Girls State program. Sponsored by North Branch American Legion Auxiliary Unit 85, Schreder-Gomes joined girls from across Minnesota June 15-20 at St. Thomas University, St. Paul, for a week of learning about government. The girls, who finished their junior [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

On July 8, 60 business and community leaders gathered to honor the North Branch Area Chamber of Commerce 10-year members. Nine businesses where honored in 2014. “We wish to thank each of you for your leadership and continued support of the North Branch Area Chamber of Commerce and the business community,” Chamber Director Kathy Lindo [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The North Branch Area Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed Right Away Driving School as a new member. Pictured, from left: Ashley and Sean Deneweth, owners, and Arlys Walberg, North Branch Area Chamber. Right Away Driving School is family owned and operated. It provides safe, quality and affordable drivers education to the North Metro.    

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow